Alki Fridays – 2013
Click here for Alki Fridays Schedule
Come and join us in ending the work week with volleyball on the beach at Alki! Leagues for adults and youth.
Where: Alki Beach is located at 2500 Alki Ave SW in the northernmost part of West Seattle.
Adult Season: May 31st – August 23rd.
Game Start Times: 6:30 pm and 7:30pm (Level 1 game time 6pm). No games on 7/5, 8/2, and 8/9.
Cost: $110 for 10 weeks of guaranteed beach play…longer than any other beach leagues with no byes or rain outs! We’ll head indoors to The Sandbox in Georgetown if the weather is bad on Alki!!
- Just show up and we’ll have the courts ready, nets up, and balls pumped
- 4 levels of play:
- Level 1 Beginner/Recreational, from 6pm-7:30pm only.
- Level 2 Intermediate.
- Level 3 Intermediate/Advanced.
- Level 4 Advanced. Must have consistent serving, passing, setting and hitting skills. Passing is of utmost importance! Players at this level can expect to bump-set-hit most every play and it all starts with a good pass. Hand setting allowed with minimal spin (1 or 2 rotations).
- Register as an individual and NOT a team
- Every week, all players at each level will be formed into teams randomly
- Emphasis on fun, good sportsmanship, and safe play
- FREE Sandbox Sports t-shirts for all players ($15 value)
Free beginner clinics at 6pm to help develop basic skills, learn rules and reinforce safe play. All levels are welcome to join the clinics…there is always room to improve.
Bonus for Parents
Babysitting a problem? If you have another player willing to help, we can schedule game times opposite of each other. That way one person can play while the other watches the sandrats!
If you want extra playing time, sign up at the beach on game day to fill in when others are gone (intermediate, intermediate/advanced and advanced levels only)
Tips for Registration
You’ll be redirected to our online registration system with Sports IT. We are using a new system, so your contact information may or may no have been added.
- Enter your email in the “New Customer Registration” and click sign up and continue setting up your new user profile.
- If you get an “Account Already Exists!” message, click “password lookup form”, enter your email address, followed by the character captcha shown in the box on the screen, and click email password.
- A password will emailed to you, so use that password to login (at the bottom of the email message press “Click here to login”) and proceed with registration.
- You’ll be redirected back to Sports IT (aka MySAM), where you can click on “Register” or “Register Today” found under your name.
- Click next under “Classes, Camps, Clinics, Tryouts”, then choose the bullet next to your name.
- You’ll be directed to the list of programs where you can click “Register” for the level you would like.
- Add your shirt size in the comment box and click continue.
- Click “Checkout” found under the shopping cart box.
- Enter your credit card information and click “Process Payment” and you should get a confirmation email.
- That’s it! You’re all registered!